At Jones Regional, the continuum of care begins in the field with the paramedics and emergency medical technicians and continues through the emergency/trauma units as well as inpatient units. This past year, the emergency department at Jones Regional provided service to more than 8,000 patients.
Delivery of emergency services is an intricate choreography of skills, services and equipment brought together in a manner that provides efficient, caring and competent medical care. With 24-hour ER physician coverage, dedicated and specially-trained nurses, Jones Regional's emergency department can respond rapidly, appropriately, and efficiently to any healthcare emergencies that may occur.
Facts about Jones Regional's Emergency Room
- Level IV Trauma Center designated by the State of Iowa.
- Emergency department physicians hold certifications in advanced trauma life support, basic life support, and advanced cardiac life support.
- Nursing staff holds certifications in advanced cardiac life support, pediatric advanced life support, and trauma nurse core curriculum.
- Supports local ambulance services with medical direction and continuing education. Average wait time is less than 5 minutes.
- Air ambulance and ground ambulances are available 24 hours a day:
- St. Luke's Lifeguard
- University of Iowa AirCare
- Monticello Area Ambulance
- Anamosa Area Ambulance
Emergency Department Manager/ Trauma Coordinator,
For questions, contact Stephanie Voss,